You are lucky enough to have a walk-in closet in your home. It is because this type of closet is a lavish yet practical solution to cramped and cluttered closet and to the annoyance they usually bring. Walk-in closets offer a plethora of storage options.
So if you are someone who has to fight against the junk messing up your closet, try to come up with a good and functional walk-in closet design and apply it in your existing walk-in closet.
Advantages of Walk-in Closets
1. They are really big. Usually, walk-in closets are big enough so you can comfortably walk into.
2. You have a wide range of walk-in closet design options. Such type of closet can be outfitted with shelves for your books or folded wardrobe. It can also house shoe cubbies, tie racks and belt racks. It can accommodate several garment racks where you can hang your clothes. You can also mount hang bars and hooks to hold your robes, hats and other like items. And if you want to free-up space in your room, you can even place the drawers and dressers inside the walk-in closet.
3. Walk-in closets give you the chance to be creative. Benches and islands can even be positioned inside huge walk-in closets to make it feel like a dressing room. Truly, when you own a walk-in closet, the sky’s the limit.
4. Also, walk-in closets have a room for the appropriate lighting and also for mirrors, which allow you to see yourself from every possible angle.
5. Walk-in closets can also provide your vanity table a place to stay.
6. You can open up your walk-in closet into your bathroom so you can dress yourself up before going to your bedroom.
If you don’t have much time to create your own walk-in closet design, you can purchase closet organizers that are available as kits from home improvement centers. The said organizers include virtually all the things that you need in organizing your closet such as shelving, hardware and other components. Closet accessories can be obtained separately. If your walk-in is really big, then you should purchase more than one kit. Though closet organizers still need to be assembled, the job is rather simple.
Another option to achieve the walk-in closet design that you want is to purchase closet organizer systems. The said systems contain pre-assembled pieces that need to be mounted. For a built-in look, they can be positioned on the floor. But if you want the floor area to be clean, you can have them mounted on the wall.